The Power of a Written Vision
It’s the beginning of a new year! This is the perfect time to write a vision for what you would love in 2023. A written Vision Statement is one of the most powerful ways to bring your dream to life.
If you want to learn more about how to create your own Vision Statement, I'm teaching a FREE Masterclass on Thursday, January 19th from 12:00-1:15 PM. Click here to sign up now.
A written Vision Statement is so much more powerful than just thinking about your vision, a vision board, or even New Year’s resolutions. Here's why....
We all know that everything that is created begins with thinking. But our thoughts come and go very quickly. That means that just thinking about our vision isn’t enough. To manifest our vision, we need reminders to help us stay on track.
Some people use a Vision Board to help remind them of what they want to achieve; but vision boards rarely invoke the same feeling we get when we read our vision. Reading our vision puts us in alignment with our vision each day, and allows us to feel as though we have already accomplished it. Being able to feel our vision is an important part of bringing our vision into reality.
Similarly, New Year’s Resolutions also fail to bring us in alignment with our vision. Resolutions remind us of what we already have and what we want to change, but they don’t put us in alignment with the end result we desire.
When a Vision Statement is written in a highly calibrated way, it is powerful and effective.
Here are a few ways that a written vision helps us:
- It helps us know where we want to end up. Most people are living life by default and not by design. Highly successful people start with the end in mind. They are clear on what they want to create—they live by design.
- A written vision keeps us focused on the “right stuff.” The “Reticular Activating System,”or RAI, is an area of our brain that is responsible for bringing into our awareness the things we are actively seeking or are focused on, and filtering out everything else. Most of us have learned to focus on problems—why we can’t achieve our goals, all that could go wrong, or what is missing in our lives. If we want to change our results, we must start by changing our focus. A written vision helps us focus our attention on the results we want.
- A written vision is also a blueprint for the life we want to live. Our old habits and patterns of thinking created our current results. If we want to change anything in our lives, we need to give ourselves a new pattern or template. Our vision is our new template. Since our unconscious doesn’t know if something is real or imagined, we want to tell our unconscious a new story, laying down a new pattern.
I have read that 94% of our unconscious mind directs our conscious mind. However, our unconscious mind only picks up what we repeatedly emotionalize and vividly imagine. Often, the very things we don’t want to bring into our lives are the things we focus on in detail and with emotion. We emotionalize and dwell on our worries and what we are afraid might happen, instead of what we would love.
Henry Ford once said, “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.”
When we purposefully relate to our vision, rather than focus on our current results or circumstances, new ideas come to us. We also notice different opportunities—even though they may have been there all along. These new ideas and opportunities, when acted upon, help bring our vision into reality.
A client of mine, an engineer for a well-known car company, had a dream of designing a new recreational device. He worked on his idea from home for years and had a 10-year plan of how he would bring his invention to market. I asked him what he would really love. Would he love to bring it to market sooner? I reminded him that his plan was only one way to achieve the result he wanted.
When he got crystal clear on the result he wanted, rather than focusing on how he would achieve it, different ideas came to him. One idea was to partner with an investor. In the next moment, he knew who a possible investor might be—a highly successful friend who had shown an interest in his invention from the beginning. When my client was focused on his initial plan, only ideas in alignment with it taking 10 years would come to him. But once he got in alignment with bringing his device to market quickly, new ideas came to him and he was able to see different opportunities.
After speaking with his friend, who decided to invest, I remember my client exclaiming, “Holy crap, this is really happening!”
There is such power in having a written Vision Statement that we read and relate to on a daily basis.
Your Vision Statement is the launchpad to creating your wonderful vision-driven life. I believe it is possible for each of us to live a life we love.
To help you create a vision for the life you’d love to be living, I am offering a FREE Masterclass.
This Masterclass is for you if...
- You feel like you are meant for MORE but aren't clear on exactly what that is
- You are wondering what's next as you're facing a major life transition such as retirement, empty-nesting or divorce
- You have multiple opportunities and possibilities in your life but are afraid of making the wrong choice
- You are looking for TRANSFORMATION in your life
During this FREE Masterclass you will learn:
- What the two growth signals are that will give you instant clarity
- The most powerful question to ask yourself
- How to write an effective Vision Statement and start to create it
I hope you will join me for this powerful way to start your new year!
Click here now to sign up for my FREE Masterclass on Thursday, January 19th from 12:00-1:15 PM.
Here’s to your success,
PS - Let me help you get started on the right track in 2023. Sign up for my January 19th Masterclass here.
Please SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel!
Book A Discovery Session
On this 60 minute call we'll take a look at where you are, where you want to be, what’s holding you back, and how I can support you in getting there.
Leave a Comment